In 2017, 501 people died on Texas roadways while riding a motorcycle or scooter. Out of those drivers that were fatally injured, 51% were not wearing helmets. Motorcyclists on the road are more vulnerable and can be injured severely because they are unprotected by the body of a vehicle. Often times, a motorcycle accident occurs because a truck or car does not see the motorcycle.
A motorcyclist is much more exposed and may be more vulnerable to serious injury. We recommend taking some simple safety tips in order to stay safe on the roads.
- Always wear a helmet. Make sure that it fits correctly and has a DOT label (this shows that it meets federal safety standards)
- Use turn signals
- Drive the speed limit
- Do not weave through traffic or drive on the shoulder
- Don’t ride in blind spots and make sure to always use headlights
- Use good quality gear for protection
- Use both brakes at the same to slowly come to a stop
- Perform regular checks on the motorcycle to make sure all the parts are working properly
Take Action Today.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, take action today. The experienced attorneys at Powers Taylor will fight to get you the justice and compensation that you deserve. Our attorneys have experience with all types of personal injury cases and approach each case with an unique client-centered approach. Contact us today for a free consultation. All calls are confidential.