Whether a dispute requires a company to enter litigation or a business is unwillingly forced to defend a lawsuit, Powers Taylor can help. We have represented individuals as well as local, regional, national, and international companies in the prosecution and defense of legal claims.
Our attorneys have successfully represented clients in complex business and financial disputes, such as partnership and closely-held corporation dissolutions, business receiverships, minority shareholder oppression litigation, and corporate fraud and breach of fiduciary duty cases. In seeking recovery from individual officers and directors, Powers Taylor has successfully pierced the corporate veil, unwinding complex, fraudulent business structures and joint enterprises. Our attorneys also have significant experience across many different industry sectors, including oil and gas, technology, manufacturing, telecommunications, and aerospace parts and services. Additionally, they are experienced in handling various forms of alternative dispute resolution, including SEC enforcement matters and investigations, arbitrations, and mediations.
Other Areas of Business Litigation Practice
- Breaches of contract, including service, sale, distributorship, and residential and commercial construction agreements
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Corporate asset purchase disputes
- Business merger, acquisition, reorganization, and dissolution disputes
- Internet business disputes
- Commercial lease disputes and lease defaults
- Commercial banking and loan disputes
- Deceptive Trade Practices – Consumer Protection Act (“DTPA”) claims
- Uniform Commercial Code matters
- Covenants not to compete
- Officer and director liability claims
- Professional malpractice claims
- General and limited partnership disputes
- Collection of judgments, arbitration awards, and substantial commercial debts
At Powers Taylor we provide compassionate legal representation and a client centered approach.
Contact our Dallas Law Firm today for a free consultation.