Our firm of car accident lawyers in Dallas is all too familiar with the tragedy caused by drunk driving. One in three people will be involved in an alcoholelated car accident during their lifetimes. In 2012, there were 2332 alcoholelated accidents in Dallas County alone, and 56 people lost their lives. Harris County, Texas is the capital of alcoholelated fatal car crashes in the country. Being the victim of a drunk driver can cause a crushing financial burden for our clients and their families. As car accident lawyers in Dallas, we do our best to relieve this burden through negotiated settlements, but often we must go into a jury trial in order to get our clients the compensation they deserve. How can a car accident lawyer in Dallas help you if you have been injured by a drunk driver? First, you will find that our car accident lawyers are compassionate and professional. We start by investigating the details of your accident.
What will your car accident lawyer in Dallas investigate about your accident?
- Was the other driver cited for being under the influence?
- Were there witnesses? If so, what did they tell the officers at the scene?
- Had the other driver been involved in other drunk driving incidents?
- How badly were you hurt? What types of injuries did you sustain?
- Did you lose time from your work?
- What kind of treatment was prescribed for you? If so, how long are you expected to be in therapy?
- Have you lost the ability to do some things you had been able to do in the past?
- Has your quality of life been diminished by your injuries?
Once your car accident lawyer in Dallas has learned all this, he or she will let you know how strong your case is. While no one can tell you how much you are likely to win as a result of an auto accident, your car accident lawyer will be able to give you a wide range of possible outcomes. Understand, of course, that nothing is guaranteed and the decisions of a jury can never be predicted. Where do you turn to for help relieving the financial burdens of an auto accident that was not your fault? If you have been hurt by a drunk driver, seek the advice of a qualified car accident lawyer in Dallas. Call Powers Taylor today for a free consultation and review of your case.