Patrick W. Powers | Partner
Patrick’s practice focuses exclusively on litigating cases across Texas and throughout the nation. Patrick has significant experience litigating complex business disputes and commercial transactions in both federal and state courts and before arbitration panels. Patrick also has extensive experience handling a wide range of cases involving intellectual property protection, commercial debt and judgment collection, construction defects, catastrophic property damage, and personal injury/loss of life claims.
- Represented companies and individuals in complex business and financial disputes, including litigation involving partnership and closely-held corporation dissolutions, business receiverships, and unwinding complex business structures and joint enterprises.
- Represented investment funds, corporations, and individuals in complex merger and acquisition litigation and state and federal securities litigation matters.
- Represented companies, officers, directors, special committees, and individual shareholders in derivative actions, litigation involving claims of breaches of fiduciary duty and corporate mismanagement, litigation alleging misappropriation of corporate opportunities, and related claims.
- Represented numerous companies and individuals in general commercial litigation involving breaches of contracts, failure to pay for goods and services, and deceptive-trade practices act claims encompassing a wide-range of industry sectors, including but not limited to:
- Commercial banking and finance
- Accounting and professional services
- Commercial real estate
- Sales and service
- Commercial and residential construction
- Represented numerous claimants in state-court residential construction defect litigation, including claims involving toxic mold, water intrusion and leaks, improper site drainage and development, and incomplete or defective construction.
- Represented individuals and companies in a wide array of intellectual property disputes, in both federal and state court, including litigation involving trademark and copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, counterfeiting, patent infringement, and unfair competition.