Patrick W. Powers | Partner
Patrick’s practice focuses exclusively on litigating cases across Texas and throughout the nation. Patrick has significant experience litigating complex business disputes and commercial transactions and representing clients in federal and state insurance claims. Patrick also has extensive experience handling a wide range of cases involving commercial debt and judgment collection, construction defect disputes, and catastrophic personal injuries and loss of life.
- Represented foreign corporation in multiple disputes involving insurance coverage and theft of equipment in multiple federal court districts in Texas.
- Lead counsel for natural resource client in a dispute with a joint interest owner regarding unpaid joint interest benefit payments. Representation included obtaining recovery of amount owed shortly after initiating litigation.
- Represented international industrial manufacturing and service client as lead counsel in a complex intellectual property litigation matter involving misappropriation and theft of trade secrets, trademark infringement, trademark counterfeiting, unfair competition, and injunctive relief involving numerous parties in eight states and two different countries.
- Represented residential homeowner in litigation against subdivision developer and residential builder involving claims of improper site and drainage preparation, residential water damage, and significant home flooding. Dispute also involved claims against developer and builder for fraud in a real estate transaction and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Representation of individuals in a wide range of personal injury disputes arising from catastrophic automobile accidents, defectively designed and manufactured products, medical procedures and services, construction activities, OSHA violations, and premises defects.